Monday 18 August 2008

Lost Classic


Intruder (1989)

I often find myself watching older movies that I think are worth seeing but maybe never got a big word of mouth. One movie I just watched that I thought worth writing about was Intruder. I basically rented the movie because netflix said it had Bruce Campbell in it, and being a big Bruce fan I wanted to see him. I also asked my horror lover friend Dennis and he said the movie was good, so I figured it would be worth a rental. The movie did start out sort of slow, my friend Brian commented that it had been 30 min in and we still didn't have a kill. Then the movie really got going. I think they killed off around 5 people in 20 minutes, not a bad average of around 4 kills a minute. The movie takes place in a supermarket, adding to the nostalgia factor was seeing all the old name brand cereal boxes and pepsi cans of old. The movie has some nice brutal kills, some of which I didn't think would be so nasty but the movie doesn't shy away from gore and I liked that. The acting is pretty bad, I mean the main actress is wretched but the main bad guy is a great villan and the movie has some good shocking moments, overall a good rental and should be watched by horror fans. BTW Campbell was in for a disapointing 2 or 3 minutes, so do not see it just to see him. You do get some good Raimi brother action, because both Sam and Ted Raimi show up and get killed off in fun ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment