Tuesday 9 December 2008

80's Nostalgia

I was a pretty big fan of the Ghostbusters when I was a kid. For instance I have a picture of me from my class picture day in second grade and I am wearing a Ghosbusters shirt. I really was a fan of the first movie and of the tv show and comic book The Real Ghostbusters. I guess the show had the "Real" before it because they wanted to make it seem different then the adult movie, which it was since it was a saturday morning cartoon for kids, but i was just a huge fan of it.

I also had tons of the real ghostbusters toys. I still have in my garage the firestation playhouse, which is the main HQ of the ghostbusters, and I have the ecto 1 car and a few other toys still.

With all thing 80's being popular again I think Ghostbusters is prime for a comeback. There have been a lot of talks about a new movie or a remake or a movie with the original cast handing off the reigns to a new younger cast, whatever! Anyway the movies are starting to make there way back into the masses and I think people are happy to see them again. For instance there is a new Ghostbusters game coming out very soon, and it is voiced by all the orginal actors from the movie. Yes, even Bill Murray does a voice in the game. It takes place after Ghostbusters 2, and has me pretty much wanting to get a video game really bad for the first time in a long time. Check out the first trailer from the video games, it looks pretty fun.


I think the game looks really cool and I can't wait to play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment